Every household requires heating systems to keep the ambient temperatures comfortable or they need it for domestic needs like a regular hot water supply. Whatever reason your family might need a heating system for, as a homeowner you will have to decide on the fuel you would like to use for heating purposes. There are quite a few fuel types available in the market that might confuse you, but here is some important information to help you make that decision. You can choose between natural gas, propane, wood or kerosene but here we will elaborate the benefits of oil for home heating.
How can you use oil for home heating?
While there could be inhibitions in your mind about using oil for heating your home and it might feel like going back in time and using old technologies, you must not assume that. Heating oil and allied systems have come a long way in the past few decades, so much so that they are being advocated for being at par with electric heating systems. The equipment you use for heating oil is similar to the regular furnace found in every home, and handling it, is a breeze. There are several benefits of using heating oil for your home and we have listed the top 5 for your understanding ahead:
- Eco friendly – Usually, burning anything is associated with causing pollution but that’s not the case with Heating oil. If you burn oil for home heating, then you are causing minimal to no harm to the air. This is because of the oil has lowest quantities of sulfur and other such pollution causing agents when compared to all other fuels.
- Non-toxic and safe – Unlike Propane or natural gas, heating oil is devoid of toxic fumes and does not leak into the environment. This fuel is non-explosive and does not light up easily even after contact with fire!
- Efficient burning – The heating oil you put into the furnace will burn more efficiently due to the inherent capacity of the equipment. You need lesser oil to produce the same heat as compared to propane or natural gas.
- Easy to store – It is very easy to store heating oil because it is in a liquid form and does not fume. Whether it is below ground or above it, you don’t need complex cylinders and canisters to keep it in your house.
- Within your budget – Burning oil for home heating is cheap because the prices are low and the amount of fuel needed is considerably less than other gases. Even when compared to electric heating systems, the oil heating equipment is far more efficient hence uses much less fuel.
Are there any challenges in the availability of oil for home heating?
On the contrary, heating oil is available in abundance. In fact, heating oil is one fuel that is available even in the remotest locations of the country as it can be transported anywhere and stored easily. There are automatic delivery systems available with your local suppliers today which can monitor how much heating oil your system is consuming. Based on your consumption patterns and before you run out of oil, a refill can be arranged at your doorstep without you having to lift a finger. There is also the case when you can arrange for large quantities before the winter season sets in and store it in your garage so you can use it later and take advantage of lower prices when the demand is low. In totality, heating oil has become a modern-day fuel to keep the house warm during chilly winter nights and take care of all your domestic heating needs.