Being a restaurant or eatery owner brings you responsibilities involving commercial kitchen hood cleaning. You must be aware of legal obligations and inspections from the civic authorities. After all, no restaurant owner would love inviting trouble by flouting the prescribed norms. Timely cleaning of your kitchen hood ensures proper compliance. Besides, unsanitary kitchens face the risk of fines, and eventually being shut down.
Now, you might be in a dilemma regarding the frequency of these clean-up services. Reputed kitchen hood cleaning companies have come up with some guidelines in this regard. Hiring the service providers at the right time, you can keep your apparatus properly functional.
Why should you clean your commercial kitchen hood?
Regularly cleaning your commercial kitchen hood can benefit you in several ways.
- Preventive maintenance can identify issues while they are in their budding stages, thereby saving repair expenses.
- The exhaust systems would get a prolonged lifeline with regular cleaning.
- Your employees and visitors would love to be a part of your establishment.
- Most importantly, the system would deliver its functional values, eliminating smoke or odors from the kitchen.
How often should you hire commercial kitchen hood cleaners?
The frequency at which you should hire kitchen hood cleaners depends on several factors. The kind of fuel, type of food, the volume of food prepared, and some other factors determine this frequency. As a thumb rule, you may adhere to the following schedule.
- Monthly cleaning: If your cooking operations involve solid fuel like wood or charcoal, you need to go for monthly cleaning. Besides, restaurants cooking fast food, and the ones that operate 24/7 accumulate grease faster. This calls for a monthly cleaning schedule.
- Quarterly cleaning: In establishments with high-volume cooking all the time, particularly wok cooking or charbroiling, the frequency of cleaning should be quarterly.
- Semi-annual cleaning: In case your restaurant has a moderate cooking volume, you may appoint a cleanup twice a year. Commercial establishments for pizzas or eat-in restaurants often follow this schedule.
- Annual cleaning: Seasonal restaurants, or the ones with low capacities of food production should go for annual cleaning services. Besides, some restaurants cook dishes that generate low volumes of grease. These establishments, too, should hire kitchen hood cleaners
Factors influencing the frequency of kitchen hood cleaning
Apart from the factors mentioned in this post, you should be aware of other elements that decide the interval of kitchen hood cleaning. For instance, if you are running a smoothie or salad bar, you would hardly need professional service too often. Of course, the food preparation procedure determines the amount of grease accumulating on the hood.
Some of the other factors that you need to consider are:
- Types of oil used for cooking
- The temperatures at which the oils burn
- The quantity of oil needed for cooking different dishes
- Quantity of food being prepared each day
- The frequency at which you operate the kitchen
Apart from this, you also need to consider the type and age of hood installed in the kitchen. For old clunkers, you would need more frequent cleaning services. Besides, in some of the new models, you have alert systems integrated to notify you. In case a filter change is pending, you would get an alert. In the process, you can keep the system at its optimal best.
What does the range of cleaning services include?
- Cleaning and emptying the grease traps
- Eliminating grease through deep cleaning from exhaust fans and kitchen hoods
- Cleaning the kitchen floors, ceilings, mats, and other surfaces
- Deep cleaning different appliances present in the kitchen
- Cleaning different work surfaces and countertops
With a professional commercial kitchen hood cleaning company around, you can enhance your cooking environment. Your reputation and safety largely depend on the competence of these experts. Therefore, it pays to hire one of the best service providers in your city.